Sunday, February 19, 2006

Popup Apology

If you've visited this blog before, you may notice that the horoscope section is now missing. That is because this evening I clicked on it and a popup ad tried to download a virus to my computer. Fortunately, I have protection. I apologize to anyone who has run afoul of this thing. It's called the Trojan virus, and it's apparently fairly easy to handle if your virus protection is up-to-date.

A good argument for using protection, right? And here you thought that Trojans were supposed to be protection! In any case, the horoscope is gone, but there are plenty of good sites out there where you can find a free daily horoscope, so all's well that ends well, I hope.

I'm working on figuring out all the plot sequences and arcs for my main characters, so it's going to require a bit of brainstorming. I used to think I was an organic writer and that I liked being one, but at the moment I'm thinking that I'd really like a complete plot right about now. I know the direction it needs to go and vaguely what everyone will be dealing with between chapter 5 and the end, but I need the particulars plotted out into specific scenes. It's time to get the cards on the closet wall. I"ve discovered that I really like having a plan. See there, Terry Brooks? You've converted me. I want a detailed outline, just the thing you advocated in one of your classes years ago. Took me long enough to march into the Outline camp, but here I am.

No comments: