Thursday, August 07, 2008

The Waiting Game

With as many irons as I have in the fire, you'd think a few would have grown hot by now, but I'm still playing the waiting game. There are a couple manuscripts out to test readers, and I'm waiting for feedback on those. The agent article to be posted isn't up yet; the site's owners are swamped, so might not get to it for a while. No word yet on any possible publishing contracts. One seminar and one convention aren't to take place until September and November, respectively. So...I wait. I'm not so much patient as I am resigned.

While waiting, I've performed my first belly dance solo, constructed some much-needed costume pieces, worked with the kids on the ever-present homeschool, read some other people's books, critiqued stuff for friends, and done research for the new Brenna book. And I've nearly completed the first chapter of the new book; some of it hinges on that research, so I'm working on writing even when I'm reading. A little teaser: Some of the books I'm reading now for research are about ley lines, astral projection, the nature of energy, black holes, and paranormal occurrences in Ireland.

2 comments:

Adrian Swift said...

But what a good place to be in while waiting! The fact that you actually have several manuscripts to share and send out is impressive. And any down-time is actually a blessing in itself, since it allows you to refill the creative reservoir, as you are doing, and prepare for the next major effort. Your readings sound very intriguing. I imagine you'll dream up quite a story for your next project, with lots of atmosphere, if you haven't already!

KHurley said...

Thanks! The idea of down time made me smile; things have been so busy here that if this is down time, I'm not sure I'm ready for up time. Of course, if up time has to do with a book contract, bring it on!