Sunday, November 27, 2005

Did I call it, or what?

One of the Moxie just recently sent me this link to an article about the current trend in fantasy publishing. As it happens, several months ago, I wrote this blog entry relating to the same issue. Did I call it, or did I call it?

My fiendish plan is ticking along perfectly. It's only a matter of time....

My latest fiendish plot is going well, too. I've actually finished the first chapter of the new book, which for now we are calling "Shifts of Perception," or "Shifts" for short. Got the thumbs up on it from the Moxie this evening at our meeting. Val says that by the end of the first chapter, the characters already have so many problems that she wonders how I'm ever going to get them out of it. Heh.

2 comments:

Motherhood for the Weak said...

I read that article too and shook my head. State the obvious much?

But yes, this is an exciting time to be writing fantasy.

And the cool thing is, if it ever slumps a bit, when all the HP kids grow up, it'll resurge again as they have kids and also look for more adult fantasies to read.

M

KHurley said...

Absolutely. I'm looking forward to the day when the upward trend and my manuscripts finally collide and produce a book contract.

I've also long believed that people will always need fantasy--it's the perfect escape from a world with too little magic and too much rat race.