Wednesday, February 08, 2006

If the Shoe Fits

I just ordered some new Irish dance shoes for my younger daughter, and HO-ly Buckets, are they expensive! (Gasp, wheeze!) I've never paid that much for a pair of regular shoes for myself, let alone a pair of dance shoes that will probably be too small before a year is out. Nevertheless, if you don't get the right fit, then injuries are practically a given, and that's not acceptable if I can do anything to help prevent it. But YIKES!

There's got to be a writing analogy in there somewhere, but I'm going to let someone else find it, because I really want to finish the novel section I've been working on. It's my reward for dealing with something that needed to be done for another family member. One chore down, checked off the list. I don't know how long the shoes will take to get here from Ireland but for now, it's no longer my problem. Ordering's done, issue of outgrown shoes has been addressed, so that's my contribution for the time being. Until the next thing is outgrown.

I don't even want to know what that will be. My oldest daughter is already wearing my old ballet leotard and had to borrow my shoes for a lesson or two before we replaced the ones she'd grown out of. Maybe they could just stop growing for a month or two? Huh? Couldn't they?

Sniff.

No comments: