Monday, October 19, 2009

New Sub and New Venue

I found a different anthology wanting a different type of novella, and I like this idea and subject matter a lot better. I'm hoping I can write the novella in time to submit to this one. They sound like they're right up my alley.

One of the short stories went out on its second submission ever, to a market that I believe is perfect for the story. Now we'll see whether the market in question thinks the story is perfect for it. It isn't a pro market, but I chose perfect venue over potential money. It just felt right--so right it brought tears to my eyes, if you can believe that. The Huz was a little surprised at the miniscule amount of money I'd get if the story was accepted, and I know I usually try all the pro markets first, but this one was just...different. It felt as though the story was tailor-made for this market and all it represents. So we'll see. It all comes down to whether my instincts were right and whether my perceptions align with those of the editor. Cosmic stuff, here.

Now if the planets will align.... Just kidding.

No comments: