Friday, August 07, 2009

Nope, But Send Us More

I heard back yesterday--or was it the day before? Anyway, the verdict is that magazine number four doesn't want the short story, but they want me to send them more stuff in the future. They enjoyed reading my story, they said, but they can't use it right now. That's nice that they enjoyed it. But I do wish they'd enjoyed it enough to pay for the privilege of reading it. Oh, well. On to the next one, whichever that will be. I haven't quite run out of pro 'zines to try yet, but if I do, then I will go to the semi-pros next. Nobody gets this one for free until I'm absolutely desperate for the publishing credit--and maybe not even then.

1 comment:

Val Robertson said...

What a great rejection--they like your writing, they just can't use this story right now. This is so exciting!

Write another short story and send it in, snappy pronto. Do we need to work on short story ideas at the next Moxie meeting? How about Brenna & Niall's first meeting, all those lifetimes ago?

And my word verification was "moosemin" -- how appropriate.